We Make Windows Inc
“We Make Windows”, Inc. (referred to as “WMW”) has hired you as an IT consultant for implementing their Windows network infrastructure. WMW is a new advertising firm, and they are currently hiring staff, establishing two locations, and have a need to get their internal IT services configured. They do not yet have an IT staff, but when they do, the IT staff will take over all aspects of IT administration. You are required to supply WMW with a solution which describes the implementation and configuration of their core IT services. Cost is not a significant concern – WMW wishes to implement the “right” solution to fit their needs now and for the next 2-3 years.
There are several details about WMW which will have an impact on your choices:
- WMW will start with 90 employees, in the following departments:
- Networking equipment is already in place for both sites. A secure tunnel (using IPSec) will be established between the two sites so that inter-site traffic will be securely tunneled over the Internet. You may make whatever other assumptions you wish about intra-and inter-site connectivity.
- Security mechanisms (e.g., firewalls, intrusion detection) will be handled separately, and there is no need to describe them.
- Some departments will want their data to remain private from other departments (e.g., Finances personnel will not want Production staff to see the company’s financial details). Your team may make assumptions about how data should be shared or kept private.
- Assumptions can be made regarding any information not included here; all assumptions should be identified, however.
oExecutives (9 employees) – manage and run the company
oAccounts and Sales Department (15 employees) – perform market research and maintain accounts
oCreative, Media and Production Department (49 employees) – advertising
oHuman Resources and Finances (12 employees) – perform HR and financial duties
oIT (5 employees) – manage IT for the company
oWMW will have two sites, one in Los Angeles and one in New York. Most staff will be located in LA, with at least 1 person from each of the departments above located in NY.
Topics to Cover
Your document should cover the content presented in the course. The outline below contains recommended points to cover. You are free to add other related information.
Describe the technical and business reasons for each choice, citing other resources as appropriate.
The Windows Server 2016 operating system should be used for all aspects of the solution.
The topics include:
New Features of Windows Server 2016
- Describe new features of Windows Server 2016 that WMW can take advantages of.
- How many total servers are needed? Which roles will be combined?
- What edition of Windows will be used for each server (e.g., Standard, Datacenter)?
- Will Server Core be used on any servers?
- Where are each of the servers located (which of the two sites)?
- How will the servers be deployed? Manual or automated?
Deployment and Server Editions
- Number of AD domains?
- Will there be any Read-Only Domain Controllers?
- How will the second site factor into domain controller placement? How will AD sites be configured?
- How will AD organizational units be organized (considering how group policy will be used and users will be organized)?
DNS and DHCP
- DHCP scope design (e.g., lease times, number of scopes, address range)
- Will a form of DHCP fault tolerance be implemented?
- Will DHCP reservations be used for servers?
- DNS namespace design (e.g., domain name(s) chosen, split DNS for Internet/intranet, zones)
- How will DNS be handled for the second site?
- How will applications be deployed? If using Group Policy, what are the details on how Group Policy will be used to deploy the software? Which software applications will likely be needed?
- What shares might be needed?
- File Permissions
File and Printer Sharing
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 10% Discount! Use Code "GET10" in your order"
If this is not the paper you were searching for, you can order your 100% plagiarism free, professional written paper now!Order Now Just Browsing
All of our assignments are originally produced, unique, and free of plagiarism.Free Revisions Plagiarism Free 24x7 Support