All health care organizations must be aware of cost controls, regardless of nonprofit or for-profit status. Managing costs at all levels of the organization affects the bottom line, which has a direct effect on all aspects of the organization. This assignment is designed to help you analyze why organizational policies are put in place.
Find a policy at a health care organization related to cost controls.
Explain how the policy impacts fiscal aspects of the organization:
- How does the policy act as a cost control?
Describe how the policy impacts the quality of patient care:
- Does the policy improve efficiency?
- Are the goals to improve care and reduce cost?
Explore the unintended consequences:
- What secondary affects does the policy have on the organization? Unit? Staff? Patient?
- Does the policy need revision?
Cite at least three peer-reviewed sources published within the last five years in an APA-formatted reference page.
Format your assignment as one of the following:
- 6-8 powerpoint slide presentaton
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.