In a minimum of 300 words, compare and contrast the differences between the psycholegal issues of competency and insanity (also known as criminal responsibility):
- Briefly identify the legal standard used to determine competency through an evaluation. What psycholegal questions need to be addressed?
- Briefly identify the legal standard used to determine insanity through an evaluation. What psycholegal questions need to be addressed?
- Does a mentally ill individual need to be either competent or insane, or can a person be both? Why or why not?
- Comment on whether someone who is not competent to stand trial should be forced to take medications to become competent in order to face full legal penalties for his or her crimes.
Provide examples and rationales. Follow APA guidelines for writing and citing text.
- By the due date assigned, post your responses to this Discussion Area.
- Through the end of the module, respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts. While responding, compare the similarities and differences between what you have constructed and what your classmates have..
|Grading Criteria||Maximum Points|
|Quality of initial posting, including fulfillment of assignment instructions||
|Quality of responses to classmates||
|Frequency of responses to classmates||
|Reference to supporting readings||
|Language and grammar||