trategic Plan, Part 1: Environmental Scan
You will perform an environmental scan for your target company.
Choose an organization according to the following:
- Current employer
- Most recent or former employer
- Place of business that you have patronized or have been familiar with over a long period of time.
- Avoid choosing an organization that is so large that historical data would be difficult to apply. Firms in the Russell 2000® index may fit well, whereas firms in the Dow 30 Industrial index probably do not.
- The organization can be a start-up that you or a significant other may create in the future. For a start-up, focus on an entrepreneurial idea that is of substantive interest, so this project leaves you with a product you may leverage in the future.
Write a 1,050-word minimum environmental analysis in which you include the following:
- Determine how to create value and sustain competitive advantage using the environmental scanning strategy.
- Evaluate in detail and with data the company’s external environment.
- Assess in detail the company’s general environment. What are the opportunities and threats?
- Evaluate the organization’s industry operating environment.
Format your paper according to APA guidelines.
Academic Integrity – Refer to the student resources for Plagiarism Guide and Plagiarism Tutorial in the Center for Writing Excellence. Include your Plagiarism similarity report.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
I work for the school district but you can pick employer