5. Topic 1: Competitors
In many instances competitors are seen as being detrimental, that is, having fewer competitors is healthier than having many.
- Can you consider situations in which having competitors can work to your benefit?
6. Over the years, many famous brands have been repositioned. Some include KFC, Friendly’s, Radio Shack and JC Penny. Using the online library or other scholarly resources, give several examples of brands that have been recently repositioned. How has this been implemented and for what reason?
7. Topic 1: Social Media, Advertising Strategy, and Sales Promotion
In every job there is some sales and marketing that must go on. You must persuade your boss to accept a new entrepreneurial idea; you must convince a team of colleagues that a particular strategy will work as just two examples.
Suppose that a new Social Media Marketing program is being developed for your school. As an Administrator, how would you advertise it and find support for this new program?
- What would be your goals in terms of advertising this new program to current and prospective students?
- What type of advertising strategy would you suggest for this new Social Media Marketing major?
- How is advertising and sales promotion similar? Dissimilar?
- Which do you think is a more effective communication tool for marketing managers and why?