Review the Learning Exercise: Unhappy Co-Owners and address the following:
- Assuming your Best Alternative to a Negotiating Agreement (BATNA) is letting a court sell the property, discuss how it may help you reach an agreement. Recommend other strategies that you could use to accomplish a successful negotiation.
- Discuss your power sources and your co-owner’s power sources in this negotiation, and analyze how you can strengthen your power position.
- Propose a logical and an emotional argument to persuade your co-owner to agree to a deal.
- Describe a nonverbal communication technique that you will use to persuade your co-owner that your proposal is a win-win proposition.
- Describe a threat you can make that would force your co-owner to make concessions.
Your paper should be four to five pages in length (not including title and reference pages). Format your paper according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center, and utilize three to four scholarly sources in addition to the textbook. Be sure to cite your sources within the body of your paper and on the reference page.