“Listening” Please respond to the following:
- The CEO of the company you work for just announced that 20 people were terminated due to budget cuts. You find out that one of those people is your co-worker, Kathy, that you have had lunch with every week for 10 years straight. She comes to you to share how she’s feeling, and for advice on what her next steps will be.
- What type of listener would you plan to be and why? Choose one of the following, and provide an explanation of your choice:
- People-Oriented (A friend willing to lend an ear)
- Action-Oriented (Can grow frustrated with a disorganized speaker)
- Content-Oriented (Soaks up many perspectives on an issue)
- Time-Oriented (More concerned about time than the content of the message)