Presentation Guidelines – Gerrymandering (Integrated Research Essay)
This assignment asks you to do a short, informal (really, I mean that) narrated presentation about your research essay. Use a presentation aid (PowerPoint, Google Slides, etc.) of no more than 6 slides. The goal of this presentation is just to give the class a chance to learn a bit about what you did and what you learned over the semester.
Slide / presentation Content
- Topic selection (how, why)
- What conflict did you identify? Who / what is on either side of that conflict?
- Discussion of the two sides and their positions
- Your solution / recommendation
- Optional: if there was anything unusual about your research process, feel free to comment (e.g. extreme difficulty locating sources, not much information available, etc.)
Design Principles – Things to Consider
- Visual appeal (color, backgrounds, font, graphics, balance of white space / text)
- Transitions / animations
- Use with caution – too much motion distracts
- Check for spelling / grammar errors
- You must make the presentation and write a narration for each slide
- You must make the presentation from essay ( not from other source)