Term Paper: Planning an IT Infrastructure Audit for Compliance
Due Week 10 and worth 200 points.
Write a ten to (10) page paper in which you:
- Define the following items for an organization in which you are familiar with:
- Goals and objectives
- Frequency of the audit
- Identify the critical requirements of the audit for your chosen organization and explain why you consider them to be critical requirements.
- Choose privacy laws that apply to the organization, and suggest who is responsible for privacy within the organization.
- Develop a plan for assessing IT security for your chosen organization by conducting the following:
- Risk management
- Threat analysis
- Vulnerability analysis
- Risk assessment analysis
- Explain how to obtain information, documentation, and resources for the audit.
- Analyze how each of the seven (7) domains aligns within your chosen organization.
- Develop a plan that:
- Examines the existence of relevant and appropriate security policies and procedures.
- Verifies the existence of controls supporting the policies.
- Verifies the effective implementation and ongoing monitoring of the controls.
- Identify all critical security control points that must be verified throughout the IT infrastructure, and develop a plan that include adequate controls to meet high-level defined control objectives within this organization.
- Use at least five quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
- apa formatting, use subtitles
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.