If you are using the Blackboard Mobile Learn IOS App, please click “View in Browser.”
Click the link above to submit your assignment.
Students, please view the “Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment” in the Student Center.
Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Assignment 1: Creating a Methodology
Due Week 2 and worth 100 points
Read the Chapter 2 Case titled “Creating a Methodology.” Write a one to two (1-2) page paper in which you:
- Discuss factors about the corporate culture that were at play, and suggest central reasons why the executive staff waited as long as they had to consider the development of an enterprise project management methodology (EPM).
- Recommend to both the senior executives (i.e., the company) and John Compton (i.e., the president) whether the project management office (PMO) should report to the chief information officer (CIO) or to someone else. Justify the response.
- Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe the key concepts, processes, and components of project management.
- Analyze the interrelationships among the principal elements (time, cost, resources) in the performance of project management.
- Evaluate the general systems factors affecting performance throughout the project life cycle.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in project management.
- Write clearly and concisely about project management using proper writing mechanics.
Click here to view the grading rubric for this assignment.