Doctoral Dialogue 6: Innovation as Practice
This assignment is intended to help you learn to analyze a four-part innovation model.
- Read the Discussion Guidelines and the required article in Module 6 Preparation.
- By the due date indicated, create your initial post on the following prompt:
- Stevenson (2012) presents a four-part innovation model. The author posits: “This elegantly simple model can lead to growth through four categories: transformational, category, marketplace, and operational” (p. 18). However, while categorically “elegant,” it appears topically complex and offers ideas for implementation that are minimally supported by associated literature. In your view, do any of the characteristics of the four-part innovation model suggest theories, models, or practices that could be considered “innovative” relative, and in comparison, to the theoretical and practical offerings associated with innovation provided by the prior moduleâ€™s readings?
- NOTE: You are strongly encouraged to conduct external research associated with your posts.
- By Sunday, review peers’ posts and provide substantive feedback. Choose two peers who do not yet have a reply or who have the least number of replies. Your peers will read and provide their insight and feedback on your post and challenge your thinking, including what you might have missed and suggestions for improvement. It is vital that your posts to peers provide a high degree of depth and breadth that expands on the theoretical concepts and their application.