Lisa is walking down the street in January when she notices a young man named Denny. Denny looks a little worse for wear, so Lisa offers to buy him lunch. As they are talking, Denny says to Lisa: “I’m in a pretty rough spot. I don’t have any money right now. But I promise to pay you $450 if you give me that coat you are carrying and some food (that sum represents the reasonable value of those items). Lisa responds: “How old are you?” Denny states that he is 20. However, this is a lie. Denny is actually 16. Lisa looks him over one more time, and she agrees to the exchange.
Before they leave, Denny says,”Actually, I will promise to give you another $50 if you let me borrow your bike.”
Lisa writes down all of these promises into a contract. Both parties sign the contract, and they go to the bank and have it notarized.
- A week later Denny trashes the bike, and he tells Lisa that he is not going to pay. Lisa sues Denny in court for breach of contract, and she learns that he is only 16.
- What is likely to happen in the court case?
The requirements below must be met for your paper to be accepted and graded:
- Write between 500 words (approximately 2 pages) using Microsoft Word.
- Attempt APA style, see example below.
- Use font size 12 and 1” margins.
- Include cover page and reference page.
- At least 60% of your paper must be original content/writing.
- No more than 40% of your content/information may come from references.
- Use at least two references from outside the course material, preferably from EBSCOhost. Text book, lectures, and other materials in the course may be used, but are not counted toward the two reference requirement.
Reference material (data, dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased words, values, etc.) must be identified in the paper and listed on a reference page.Reference material (data, dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased words, values, etc.) must come from sources such as, scholarly journals found in EBSCOhost, online newspapers such as The Wall Street Journal, government websites, etc. Sources such as Wikis, Yahoo Answers, eHow, etc. are not acceptable.