Primary Discussion Response is due by Friday (11:59:59pm Central), Peer Responses are due by Tuesday (11:59:59pm Central).
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Note: There are 2 parts to this assignment.
You will be assigned a resource allocation strategy early this week to craft a united response to the questions below. Prepare a miniature brief that describes your assigned resource allocation strategy, and develop an illustration to aid in your explanation.
Refer to the Lower Colorado Dams Network as the network to which you will allocate your resources using the model you were assigned last week. You have $30 million to allocate to the Lower Colorado Dams Network.
Using the allocation model assigned to your small group last week, each group should present its strategy for how these dollars would be apportioned. Be true to the allocation strategy’s concept, and answer the following questions:
- What specific monies will you assign to which assets, links, network components, or sector elements? Explain how your allocation model guided your decisions.
- What strengths does your allocation model have to allocating resources to this network? Be comprehensive and specific in your answer.
- What shortcomings or detriments does your allocation model reveal for allocating resources to this network? Be comprehensive and specific in your answer.
- Provide 2–3 modifications to this model that would enhance it for allocating resources to this network. If you believe this model is ideal and no modifications are necessary, explain why you believe this.
Respond to Another Student: Review at least 1 other student’s Key Assignment Outline and provide meaningful feedback. Refrain from general feedback, such as simply stating “good job.” Your feedback to other students is most helpful if you not only point out weak areas but also offer suggestions for improvement. The best feedback takes a three-stage approach to identify what was done well, weaknesses, and areas for improvement.
Post an outline of your Unit 4 IP Key Assignment draft for peer review. Review and provide feedback to a minimum of 1 peer. In crafting your outline, return to the discussions and assignments from the earlier phases of this course. There is no specific order for your final product (Key Assignment), but you should demonstrate good organization skills and comprehensive inclusion of the main elements. You may also look at the illustrations or M.U.S.E. items to be reminded of components to include. For the outline you will share here, be as specific and detailed as possible. For example, do not simply state “Risk Assessment.” Instead (as an example), state:
Risk Assessment of the Hoover Dam as the most critical node in the Lower Colorado Dams Network.
- This asset is chosen as most critical because…
- Threats considered include erosion, user demand, earthquake, terrorist attack…
- Consequences considered include, loss of all reserved water in dam, impact on agriculture, damage or destruction to lower dams…
- The most likely “Threats” include…
Remember, this is an example of being comprehensive and specific; your node, priorities, conditions, and so forth may necessitate other elements in your outline.
Provide a critical review of at least one classmate’s outline. This is not an invitation to be overly critical; rather, you should help identify gaps in the organization or planned content your peer will pursue. Choose a classmate for whom no one else has yet offered a review. (This way, everyone should be reviewed by someone else.)