- Describe the labor that enslaved Africans performed in British North America. Be certain to delineate by region, developing economy, gender and generation. Describe various working conditions, work place relations and the results of this labor for masters and for the captives.
Please use these books as reference (maybe writing a few sentences on one of them)
1. Brenda Stevenson, What Is Slavery?
2. Gwendolyn Midlo Hall, Slavery and African Ethnicities in the Americas: Restoring the Links
3. Black British Former Slaves: Olaudah Equiano, Mary Prince, Ottobah Cugoano. These narratives are found at: http://docsouth.unc.edu/.
4. William Still, Underground Railroad
5. Jessica Millward, Finding Charity’s Folk: Enslaved and Free Black Women in Maryland