Option #2: Research Project Proposal: Ethics and Cultural Competence
Draft and submit a brief proposal for your Portfolio Project. The proposal should include the following:
- Describe the chosen cultural group (from last week’s assignment).
- Describe the purpose of your final research project paper. To do this you must first develop a research question based on an issue and/or theory you wish to explore in relation to the chosen cultural group.
- Describe your plan for exploring the research question, issue and/or theory.
- Describe your intended outcomes of your research – in other words, what do you hope to achieve by writing this paper? This might be centered on future career goals, answering a question you still have about the field in general, or some other direct application to practice or theory building.
- Create an annotated bibliography of five to seven references that you might use in your paper and that are not assigned readings in this course. These sources should discuss, use, or compare and contrast traditional and culturally relevant research methods or practices.
Your reference list should include diverse authors whenever possible and the sources must have been published within the last five years UNLESS you can make case for an older source that is considered a foundational work for the field.
An annotated bibliography presents the bibliographic information for each resource. It provides a one-paragraph summary of the resource along with a statement about how the resource will be used in your paper.
Your well-written proposal should be 2-3 pages in length and formatted according to the APA Requirements.