Film Review #
MOVIE REVIEW WORKSHEET
Instructions: Please answer the questions during and after the film, before you develop your summary essay.
Step I. DURING THE MOVIE:
1. Who are the most important characters in the film? Also list the names of the actors playing these characters. (You may have to look these up online!)
2. What is this story about?
3. How are you feeling? What are you thinking?
4. How does this movie help you understand race, ethnicity, and inequality?
Step 2. AFTER THE MOVIE:
1. Did you like this movie? Why or why not?
2. What rating would you give this movie?
3. All movies teach a lesson (theme/moral); What did you learn from this one? How did it make you feel?
4. What title pertaining to race, ethnicity, and inequality would you give your review?
Step 3. MOVIE REVIEW ESSAY FORMAT:
Note: DON’T FORGET that movie titles are written within quotation marks!
HEADLINE:Include the title of the movie.
Introduce the movie by stating that you’ve just seen this movie and would like to give an opinion about it. Mention a couple of details that might help the reader understand what type of movie you are talking about.
Summarize the plot (story). Where and when did it take place? Who are the main characters? What is the story about?
Talk about the actors/actresses and discuss who did a good job and who didn’t. Why? Why not? Why is this important to understand the content of the film?
Talk about what you liked about the movie and what you didn’t like. Be sure to include specific details and scenes. How is this relevant to your learning of race, ethnicity, and inequality?
What lessons did you learn from this story (theme/moral)? What do you think others will learn from it? How did this help you deepen your understanding of race, ethnicity, and inequality? How did the movie challenge your stereotypes?
What group of people might/would like this movie? Who would you recommend it to? Who would you not recommend it to? Why? What is your final word on the film: Is it good or bad? Why? What do you hope people learn about race, ethnicity, or inequality from watching this film?
Source: Instructions adapted from:https://www.humbleisd.net/cms/lib/TX01001414/Centr…