Write a minimum of two pages in which you analyze how an organization can use ground rules and dialogue to grow as a learning organization.
The team learning discipline helps a team sustain and reinforce its learning, and increases the capacity to act synergistically and learn how to learn. Dialogue is a fundamental skill in the discipline of team learning, and is essential to the effective practice of the other learning disciplines. Dialogue makes meaningful, shared vision building possible. It makes systemic insight possible by facilitating reflection and inquiry in work groups. Consequently, it is important to understand the value and nature of dialogue, and how it differs from other forms of conversation.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Apply change management interventions.
- Define and compare debate, discussion, and dialogue.
- Analyze the value of dialogue in helping teams learn and change.
- Describe the ground rules required to reach conversational level in a dialogue.
- Analyze learning related to designing an effective dialogue session.
- Analyze the ease or difficulty of conversing in a team dialogue session, including the dangers and obstacles.
Learning teams develop ground rules for truth telling, time usage, decision-making processes, and domains; to create a safe conversational environment that allows a team to take risks, make mistakes, forgive, and recover. This assessment provides you an opportunity to analyze the elements of skillful dialogue in a learning team, increasing the ability to problem solve, create new knowledge, deliberate, and build relationships with other teams and customers.