Research, identify and discuss the 4 basic functions of management. Also, explain which function you feel is most important and why.
The requirements below must be met for your paper to be accepted and graded:
- Write between 500 – 750 words (approximately 2 – 3 pages) using Microsoft Word.
- Attempt APA style, see example below.
- Use font size 12 and 1” margins.
- Include cover page and reference page.
- At least 60% of your paper must be original content/writing.
- No more than 40% of your content/information may come from references.
- Use at least two references from outside the course material, preferably from EBSCOhost. Text book, lectures, and other materials in the course may be used, but are not counted toward the two reference requirement.
Reference material (data, dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased words, values, etc.) must be identified in the paper and listed on a reference page.Reference material (data, dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased words, values, etc.) must come from sources such as, scholarly journals found in EBSCOhost, online newspapers such as The Wall Street Journal, government websites, etc. Sources such as Wikis, Yahoo Answers, eHow, etc. are not acceptable.
The basics of the 4 main management functions of management.
Most basic function of management
Define team goals
Develop strategies for reaching goals
Design ways to merge and coordinate team’s activities
Organizing tasks to accomplish the organization’s goals
Decide what tasks are to be done and who will do them
Positively influence individuals or teams as they perform tasks
Mentor and coach employees, Handle employee behavior issues
Evaluate if things are going as planned
Monitor and evaluate employee performance
Correct any employee issues