Identify a social problem : Child Neglect (among women with children who are addicts)
research current policies at Maryland state and federal levels that impact the social problem.
Then, from a position of advocacy, identify methods to address the social problem (i.e., how you, as a social worker, and the agency advocate to change the problem). You are expected to specifically address how both you and the agency can effectively engage policy makers to make them aware of the social problem and the impact that the policies have on the agency and clients.
The Assignment (2-3 pages):
- Identify the social problem
- Explain rational for selecting social problem
- Describe state and federal policies that impact the social problem
- Identify specific methods to address the social problems
- Explain how the agency and student can advocate to change the social problem